Katsucon is in less than a month and I’m finally feeling motivated to work on stuff again. Don’t have much planned for the con yet. I’m going to be helping with the Princess Jellyfish promotion at the Funimation booth on Friday and Saturday; it’s going to be my first ACP event and we’re supposed to be helping attendees make jellyfish dolls so hopefully, it’ll be fun. :-D I’m also trying to finish Lia’s Russian portrait gown from Le Chevalier D’eon. I started that one two years ago but shelved since it looked like I wouldn’t be able to reuse Ekaterina’s corset as I was planning. And I’m not sure what else I’m going to bring yet.
The past week and a half or so has been pretty productive. I made a mini hoopskirt to go with my jellyfish dress. (The shape reminds me a bit of a lampshade. XD) I originally wore the dress with a plain petticoat under my ruffled one but the weight of the pearls at the hem smooshed the petticoats down and made them not as poofy. The hoopskirt is a great improvement and I love the shape it gives the dress now! (This is what it was previously like for comparison.)
I’ve also finished making the petticoat for Lia. I had it mostly done but needed to finish hand hemming the bottom flounce and gathering and attaching it to the rest of the petticoat. I also did a petticoat out of pre-quilted fabric to go under it. And I’m working on a new chemise now since the sleeves on the old one are too long and it would be easier to have the lacy ruffle at the neckline on the chemise instead of the actual dress. Then, I’m probably making a new strapless corset since the straps of my Ekaterina corset were showing past the neckline of my gown mockup. Will post Lia progress pictures next time.